Thursday, October 14, 2010

Enough Said...

So the picture below basically sums up how we felt about our garden this year.
Think what you will of it, but I sum it up this way...it SUCKED!
You see we had a hard frost in late May that killed everything. After replanting we had a super-duper wet June and it killed everything. After replanting yet again, it never got hot this summer. Just sad in every way, shape and form...

So here we are in mid-October, ripping out the garden that is chock full of green tomatoes, summer squash that is going nuts only in the past 2 weeks and, oh, did I mention that we had 2 squash plants cross breed into these gigantic, yellow-greenish,warty looking, crooked necked mass of something no one would want to eat?!

And may I not forget that we have yet to get a cucumber...or at least that is what we thought. As I was picking the sad vines out of the ground, still with flowers all over them hoping for one last chance for life, I find this hunk of a cucumber. But wait, the dang thing is STUCK in the fence. It has grown its fat, green, body in between the rungs of the fence and I am now pulling quite hard to get this dang thing out. Once my vegetable friend is dislodged, I pick the thing up to take a look and it just makes me laugh...yes, I feel the same way, Mr. Cucumber...like my own garden is flipping me the bird!

Enough said for our garden experience of 2010.

No comments: