Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Road Called Life

We were in Kalispell, MT this weekend for Chris's cousin, Kaelyn's wedding. What a magnificent setting of a ranch wedding with the Flathead River flowing in the background and the snow capped mountains of Glacier National Park in the distance. A slight breeze and mid-70's weather made for a picture perfect wedding day! What a blessing it is to know generations before us and to gain wisdom from them. I was never lucky enough to know any of my Great-Grandparents. And within 4 short years I lost all of my grandparents. Thankfully I married into a family with the most amazing grandparents that have embraced me as one of their own.
The love they have for Karsten is simply unspeakable-you can not put it into words, you just have to witness it first hand. Looking at Karsten's tiny hand wrapped up in her Great-Grandpa's huge hand while walking down the wedding aisle caught me off guard. I got choked up thinking of the road we all travel on called life. There are ebbs and flows and joy and sorrow. But most of all, there is LOVE.
I got to thinking that in not too many years Karsten will be walking a similar wedding aisle, but instead it will be her big girl hand holding her Daddy's hand. And instilled in her Daddy, who will pass it along to her, is the wisdom that came from her Great-Grandpa. You see, Great-Grandpa had 3 daughters of his own, and you can see what a special place this little one has in his heart. As I said before, words cannot explain the immesurable love. You just have to see it for yourself...






No comments: