Sunday, July 24, 2011

Race the River Triathlon

The time finally came for the culmination of my training. Race the River was here. I was excited to participate with two ladies from work. They have been a huge encouragement and help in training. After two races this summer I am ready to tackle more...with the help of a much needed new bike :-)
Karsten's reward-the jump castle! She had to stand, PATIENTLY, with me for over an HOUR during packet pick-up the day before the race.


Bright and early 6:00 am as Judy, Koko and I try to plan out our transition areas.



The farewell before I started the race!


The gold caps were my swim wave-I am in there somewhere toward the left.


Phew, 1 leg down 2 to go!


I am at the far left coming out of transition.



Check it out-the lady on the left in pink drinking water is Ali from the Biggest Loser-guess who passed her on the run...yep, ME!


YA HOO! I made it! 1:31:23 is not too shabby.




The sweaty sisters! I work with Koko and Judy and they have been such an encouragement to me in the triathlon training process. In the past 4-5 years Koko has lost nearly 40-50 lbs and completely changed her lifestyle. Judy rocks the seniors swim group at 55 years old and is still beating her times from previous tri races. I am totally proud to be learning from and standing with these great ladies (and we are each 10 years apart in age)! Karsten chowing Mommy's after race food!

No comments: